Great on Sandwiches with arugula and a little melted cheese on top
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded
- 1 red onion peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the eggplant you do not need to peel them, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes. Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking.
ste. Taste for salt and pepper.