- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped up to the green part, discard the green
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 20 oz of chicken broth, or enough to cover the the veggies to cook them down
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (be careful with this if your broth is already salted)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Grated cheese for the top
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in leeks and garlic and cook to translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes and carrots and cook 5 minutes more. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in cauliflower, cover, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Puree using an immersion blender or in batches in a blender or food processor. Return to low heat and stir in milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and sherry. Heat through. Serve garnished with parsley and cheese.