I made this cake dairy free, but you can easily substiute butter for Earth Balance and milk for coconut milk.
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance soy free butter subsitute, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon homemade vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a large mixing bowl with electric hand-held mixer, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add the brown sugar slowly, continuing to beat, until the mixture is well blended and fluffy. Beat the egg and vanilla into the creamed mixture until well-blended. Add coco milk and lemon juice.
Add the flour, salt, and baking soda. Beat after each addition, just enough to blend. Throw rhubarb and nuts in at the end of mixing; spoon into a greased and floured 9x13x2-inch pan,
Top with cinnamon and sugar.
Bake 45-50 min, until toothpick comes out clean