Blake’s Cream of Cold Weather Soup with Braised Greens
|Ingredients:2-3 medium turnips
1 daikon radish
1 bunch of kale
1 large onion
4 cloves of garlic
6 cups vegetable stock
½ cup yogurt or cream
juice of a lemon
salt and pepper
- Peel and cut turnips (set aside greens) and radish into small chunks. Bake on a cookie sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper at 400oF for20 min.
- Rinse and cut turnip greens and kale.
- In a large pot, heat a bit of oil and sauté onion for 5 min, add in turnip greens, kale, and minced garlic. Add a splash of water and lemon juice and braise for 5 minutes, covered. Remove about half of this for topping.
- Add stock and bring it to a boil, then add radish and turnips and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Blend soup with immersion blender adding yogurt or cream and lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper to taste and top with braised greens.
This entry was posted in Recipes
and tagged CSA
, Winter CSA
. Bookmark the permalink