- 3 cups of peeled and diced turnips – I peel then use my bosch food processor to chop
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 bouillon cube- dissolve in water
- 1 Tb butter
- 1 Tb sugar
Directions- place the turnips in a iron pan, pour dissolved bouillon and water over the top. Simmer until the water evaporates, and the turnips are tender approx 10 min. Stir butter and sugar in and cook until brown and sticky. Serve warm.
Now what to do with spaghetti squash. Here a favorite around here, it utilizes a few thing in our CSA shares!
- 1 Spaghetti squash- cut in half, and seeds removed
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 1 Leek sliced thin and 1 clove of garlic minced
- 5 Kale leaves- destemed and broken into small pieces
- 3 Tb grated Parmesan Cheese-
Bake in 350 degree oven for about 50 min or boil the squash in covered with water for about 20 min until squishy and soft. Cool to touch. Use a fork to scrap spaghetti out of the peel into a oven safe container. Discard peel. In a frying pan add place leek and garlic and a little olive oil, cook over med-high heat until browned. Add kale into pan and cook until it is wilted, add a Tb of water if necessary. Toss this in with the squash and add parmesan cheese. Put is back in the oven until cheese melts. Enjoy<